Financial planning explained
The power of planning
It can be easy to mistake financial planning and traditional financial advice as the same thing. After all, what’s in a word? But the two are actually quite different in terms of approach. Here’s some insight into what it means for us to be Independent Financial Planners.
What we do…
- We help you understand what it is you want from life. We look at your aspirations for the future and explore what really matters to you before we even talk about your financial situation.
- We make use of technology like cashflow modelling software, which enables us to visualise different ‘what if’ scenarios and prepare you for every eventuality - so that no matter what comes your way, you won’t have to worry about running out of money.
- With your goals firmly in sight, and the ‘what ifs’ accounted for, we build a bespoke plan that’s designed to help you reach them.
What we don't do…
- We don’t get caught up in what qualifications we’ve got, or in trying to recommend this product over that one. It’s not a transactional process, and we’re not here to sell things that won’t be in your best interests.
- We don’t focus on your money over you as a person. Our approach is all about understanding your needs, then planning your finances in a way that supports them. It’s a big-picture view of things that goes far beyond just growing your wealth.
- For us, it’s about making a real difference to real lives – everything else is a means to that end.
The client journey
Financial planning is all about the process. Working together, we’ll go through a number of different stages designed to help us get a full understanding of your situation, and help us build a plan that suits you.
Don't just wing your finances
We're here to help. Just get in touch via the contact form to set up a free, no obligation meeting.